February 15, 2005

For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge

The word fuck comes from colonial times, when someone would be punished for 'prostitution' It was an acronym for the words 'For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge'
FUCK was written on the stocks that held these criminals because For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge was too long to go on the stocks.


Everyone who knows me, knows that I don't like the F-word. In fact, I hate it. It is gross and unattractive. Mom told me what it meant last night. I didn't know it was an acronym. Now knowing what it means, I wonder why people even bother saying it. Now, it doesn't even make sense.

So, why say it?

Not only does it not make sense now, but you are also speaking in incomplete sentences when used like "F*** head" or even just as "F***"

Tona, doesn't that bother you? Mom? Anyone?

To make it into comedy, Mom, Ali, and I were just sitting in the living room talking. For the last couple of nights, Ali has wondered why she can't say cuss words. "They are just words," she says and points out that they have other, less vulgar, meanings.

Somehow, we got on the subject of the F-word, again. Ali, special girl, was trying to work the acronym into something that she could'nt get in trouble for at school. That led us to For unlawful carnival knowlede. Mom stated that that sounded like one was doing it with midgets. We quickly vetoed that one. Next, it was For Unlawful Carnival Kittens, which led to Four Unlawful Carnival Kittens, and finally ended as Four Ugly Carnival Kittens. We don't have much to do with our time.

I love you, you know. You little chickie monkeys!


5 Comments:

Blogger Jameson said...

Sure, fuck used to mean something else, but so did alot of the words in the english language.

Fuck is such a useful word.

It's odd that if fuck used to mean that, then why does German have the verb 'fichen(sp?)' which is in essence the same thing? Used as a command, 'fich dich' is the same as 'fuck you'.

I'm not questioning sources here, but I've been told a few times that 'fuck' came from 'fichen'

Just a fuckin thought.

8:01 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

T-
Sorry, I stopped reading your snope's analysis after the second paragraph. I am sure it is riveting, but I can put this subject to bed.

Fuck is very satisfying to say. I don't give a fuck from where it originated. I just sometimes couldn't get my fucking point across without it.

11:01 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm flipping you all off.

12:14 PM  
Blogger Jameson said...

That fucking post was the most brilliant fucking thing I have heard all fucking day. I am ever-fucking-so bored.

FUCK!

Give me the fucking finger, I don't give a fuck.


Well, I'm off to do some random fucking thing.

4:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

wow jameson. that was rude. congratulations. way to be. ass.

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home