Don't Feed The Wrestlers
Congratulations to my little brother who took first at the regional tournament this weekend. However, if he ever scares me like he did, again, I will personally whoop him. The entire match is nothing but me standing there and shaking with a video camera in my hand that I wanted to chunk at the worst referee in the world. When it’s the last period of a very important match, ref, you DO NOT call a penalty on my brother who didn’t even do anything and has a one point advantage. The bottom man came up first, what was my brother to do? Fall over? It was my brothers 2nd penalty so; the effing ref gave the other kid a point. This put his opponent 1 point over him. Here’s what the news article said: Midwest City 125-pounder Lance L. (27-6) stunned top-ranked and previously unbeaten (30-0) Joe G. of Norman North, winning the regional title 9-8 after scoring a takedown with one second remaining in the match.
This was me, “Hell yeah, Lance! Hell. Yeah!”
And the tape was still recording. Sorry about that Mom! I couldn’t help it. It was one of the best 10 seconds of my life. My brother’s response to winning was priceless. I have never seen him react that way. He got up, ripped off his head gear, through his arms up in the air and yelled. It made my eyes tear up. I was indeed a proud big sister! The coaches jumped up in the air, and I’m pretty sure Coach Marple said “Hell yeah,” too.
When I was walking back to my seat, people kept yelling at me and saying “Good job!”
I didn’t do anything! It was all my brother! But, I guess if I can take some glory for his victory, I will! Just Kidding, I told them I would relay the message to Lancer Man!
After the tournament I went to a party and got really wasted and made out with like 23 guys. Just Kidding again. I came home and went to bed. I was tired.
GOOD JOB BUBBIE! I HEART YOU!
This was me, “Hell yeah, Lance! Hell. Yeah!”
And the tape was still recording. Sorry about that Mom! I couldn’t help it. It was one of the best 10 seconds of my life. My brother’s response to winning was priceless. I have never seen him react that way. He got up, ripped off his head gear, through his arms up in the air and yelled. It made my eyes tear up. I was indeed a proud big sister! The coaches jumped up in the air, and I’m pretty sure Coach Marple said “Hell yeah,” too.
When I was walking back to my seat, people kept yelling at me and saying “Good job!”
I didn’t do anything! It was all my brother! But, I guess if I can take some glory for his victory, I will! Just Kidding, I told them I would relay the message to Lancer Man!
After the tournament I went to a party and got really wasted and made out with like 23 guys. Just Kidding again. I came home and went to bed. I was tired.
GOOD JOB BUBBIE! I HEART YOU!

1 Comments:
From all accounts it was a very exciting match. It is tough to film a match in which you are so invested, so I am not complaining, but it was not the "hell ya!" that I objected to.
I got to see the beginning of a beautiful toe trip... and the camera followed the rest of the action a second later.
I got to see Lance shoot in on that final take-down... but I couldn't tell you how he took him down (but I knew he did because of the "Hell Ya!")
I appreciate you being my eyes while I was sick, and between our tape and the mat maid's we should have it all.
Now all Lance has to do is repeat the performance next week!
Post a Comment
<< Home