January 10, 2005

Be like the squirrel, girl

I just looked out my back window and saw a little squirrel scampering up my neighbor's huge, pain-in-the-ass cottonwood tree with a nut clamped in its mouth. It reminded me of the White Stripes' song Little Acorns. To paraphrase the White Stripes, if that little squirrel can take care of itself in the middle of the cold harsh winter, then so the hell can I. Today, I vow to be more like the squirrel. I will break my problems in to small pieces and tackle them one at a time. But first, I am going to have a glass of wine. By the way, anyone need a mediocre employee with a sparkling personality?

Little Acorns lyrics:

Take all your problems And rip em apart
Carry them off In a shopping cart
And another thing you Shouldve known from the start
The problems in hand Are lighter than at heart
Be like the squirrel, girl Be like the squirrel
Give it a whirl, girl Be like the squirrel
And another thing You have to know in this world
Cut up your hair Straighten your curls
Well, your problems Hide In your curls

I always knew naturally curly hair was a freakin' curse!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home