I Remember
I recall long nights when my tears and my broken heart were my two best friends. I recall swearing to myself that nothing causing me to feel this way was worth one second of my life. I recall not to long ago posting about a boy who didn't know what I had been through in my previous relationship, and soon after realizing it was just that--he simply had no idea.
I find myself wanting to run far, far away on many occasions when I am spending time with my boyfriend. It seems things are going so well that they couldn't possibly be this way forever, or for any length of time for that matter.
I realize now, that just because one (stupid, stupid) boy made me feel like my life was a crashing train, one car hitting the other at a rapid pace, doesn't mean that all of them are going to make me feel that way. This realization flipped a light switch, so to speak, and made me feel happy. I don't feel like running away from every guy that comes my way anymore. I want to now and forever more be made to feel like a princess. Like I am the one thing on this planet worth living every moment for.
I like knowing that I make someone's life just that much better with me being in it, and mine being the same way. And I like knowing that I have a heart next to my own that beats at the same rhythmic melody of wanting that one person there by your side. I truly love that feeling.
Maybe I'm just a young girl who knows nothing about relationships--who knows. I may just be speaking in lust with a sparkle in my eye. That very well could be the case, however, I will let this one last as long as it is supposed to, and if my heart breaks into a million sharp-edged pieces, so be it. As for now, I am content. I hope to stay that way for a very long time.
Recall I will not to the harshness and audacity of my last boyfriend. Nor will I let that be an interference, ever.
I find myself wanting to run far, far away on many occasions when I am spending time with my boyfriend. It seems things are going so well that they couldn't possibly be this way forever, or for any length of time for that matter.
I realize now, that just because one (stupid, stupid) boy made me feel like my life was a crashing train, one car hitting the other at a rapid pace, doesn't mean that all of them are going to make me feel that way. This realization flipped a light switch, so to speak, and made me feel happy. I don't feel like running away from every guy that comes my way anymore. I want to now and forever more be made to feel like a princess. Like I am the one thing on this planet worth living every moment for.
I like knowing that I make someone's life just that much better with me being in it, and mine being the same way. And I like knowing that I have a heart next to my own that beats at the same rhythmic melody of wanting that one person there by your side. I truly love that feeling.
Maybe I'm just a young girl who knows nothing about relationships--who knows. I may just be speaking in lust with a sparkle in my eye. That very well could be the case, however, I will let this one last as long as it is supposed to, and if my heart breaks into a million sharp-edged pieces, so be it. As for now, I am content. I hope to stay that way for a very long time.
Recall I will not to the harshness and audacity of my last boyfriend. Nor will I let that be an interference, ever.

1 Comments:
I am an idiot!
Post a Comment
<< Home