November 22, 2004

Seriously?

It's inevitable. Every single time I turn on the radio I have to hear her sing. It never fails.

It's like a blatant reminder to me each and every time I hear the 15 year old singer, that a mini-diva has more experience than me when it comes to love.

No, really, it's a slap in the face.

Jojo gets on my nerves worse than anyone's foot touching me, and those of you who know me should know that I really hate feet.



You shouldn't scowl like that, honey. My mema says if you do that too much
it will become permanent. Not that you can't afford Botox. Bia.


I finally listened to a song of hers all the way through the other day. The only reason I did was because my friend Summer wanted to torture me. She knows I greatly dislike Jojo.

Whose to say she won't go Britney/Christina on us within the next year anyway? I choose to almost-hate her before she French kisses Madonna.

So anyway, I listened to her song all the way through and realized, what in the hell (sorry) does this little kid know about love? Listening to this song was like taking dating advice from my baby sister (who I love very much. congrats on 1st place babe!).

Not to mention the fact that, because she is 15 and she is singing, " I wanted you right here with me, but I have no choice, you've gotta leave, because my heart is breaking," just goes to show that the Life-size-Pop-Culture-Teen-Diva-Barbie Doll can't even write her own lyrics. Her songs might get on my nerves less if it were obvious that she wrote them. Then again, if it was up to her she might end up singing about split-ends and Barney.

Furthermore, I think a girl her age singing break-up songs and love ballads is giving young ladies the wrong impression of what life is like when you're in junior high. I mean, my friends and I had a new boyfriend evey week when we were young. I'm pretty darn sure I never let a boy make me cry. And I know for a fact that no boy has made my sister want to write songs about being cheated on, because she used to wrestle. She would wreak havoc on any boy who made her a tad bit sad. Right Alex with an "I" and not an "E?"

The End.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home