November 17, 2004

I Got A Job

Job. An easy word to say. A hard thing to do. You quit some. You get fired from some. Mostly, you quit some.

So, I got a new one the other day. I like it so far. I have learned things about myself that I never knew until my first day on the job. Apparently, I am Super Cute, Super Sweet, and Super Fabulous. Isn't that, like, SUPER?

I work at one of the most well known lingerie stores in the world. What it boils down to when they say I'm "Super Cute" or "Super Sweet", it means I'm a Super Hero. I get to fly around the store and sell bras and panties to women who can barely walk because of their boobies. They say, "It's a burden to have big breasts. Especially when you buy them yourself," and I say "No, they (the boobies) are just fine. You just need a supportive uplifting bra that is seamless and REALLY comfortable."

What I'm really saying is, " Why would you buy double d's if you are 5'3" and weigh 100 lbs? Did you have to learn how to walk again after surgery?"

See, I am a Super Hero because I can totally be lying and they would never know it. I work at the store, they have to listen. I am their bra master. I lie, and they buy. The end! Is that wrong?

I got my full schedule after I completed a full four hour shift. Mostly, I am just on-call.

Who does that? Am I a doctor? Im pretty sure I just signed up for "Sales associate," or as the girls there like to call it, "Bra Specialist."

I never would have thought that I would have to be on call for a simple holiday job. I guess now I have to keep my cell phone on at all times just in case someone has a SUPER bra emergency.

Hypothetical occurrence:

RING RING RING.

"Hello," says moi.

"Brittany, A booby has fallen out! We need your help finding the SUPER perfect bra for the unfortunate big breasted women with a SUPER big booby that has unfortunately found it's way out of the less-than-perfect Target bra!! It will take SUPER amounts of effort! We can't do it alone." Says Co-Bra Specialist.

"Yeah, OK. Let me channel into my Super Fabulous Super Powers, and I will be right over!" Says moi.

Click.

It's a bra. It's a girl. No, it's a girl in a flying bra!

Let us re-think the ON CALL thing, shall we? Super!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ya, I got a job too; a necessary evil. In my work world, we don't get to talk to each other through headsets or get told we are SUPER! Though the Christmas bonus makes me feel a little tingly, which is kind of SUPER. As you sell all those XL thongs to Christmas lovers, keep a smile on your face and try your best not to let the imagery get to you!

6:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Selling an XL thong would not only be heart-wrenching, it would be the zenith of wrong. The more I think about that comment, Mom, I wonder: Could you really see the thong if the XL woman was wearing it? Ponder that.

7:42 PM  
Blogger Jameson said...

hey, thanks for the comment.

Im pretty sure that all math teachers are arabic for some reason too. Or at least just mine, God hates me.

I liked your post, good work there.
And working at a lingere store is completely badass.

Yea, do all us guys a favor, and try to discourage any XL thong sales. I know its against company policy to discourage sales, but its for the good of humanity.

Fight the Power.

8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home