December 03, 2004

Blog Virgin No More

Oh my god! I don’t know if I can deal with the stress of being a blogger. Not only does this have the potential of being read by half-a-dozen people I don’t even know, but if I don’t start contributing, I could end up getting pinched really hard. It is even possible that I could have my invitation to the OU vs. Colorado – Big XII Championship Game Watch Party at MamaT’s withdrawn. “Please MamaT, I’ll be good, I’ll blog, just let me come over and watch the game. I just want it to be like the old days!”

Actually, the freakiest thing about me blogging is that in college I worried that I would never get my BA because I had a little bit of a phobia about writing: the pressure of being graded, of being JUDGED, of being sober long enough to do the research and pound out the paper. Not completing writing assignments may not be that big of a deal in some disciplines, but it really tends to piss them off when you are working on a degree in English.

Long story short, I got the degree then got a job where I never used it. Unless you count the fact the my studying literature helped me wade through page after page of police reports, trying to keep straight victims (people who didn’t do anything wrong “Swear to God”), offenders (people who were only reacting to the awful statements made about their mama, girlfriend, or baby-daddy), and witnesses (people who ran up after the fight started just to see what happened – but refused to tell the cops anything).

Studying literature (often simply referred to as “reading A LOT”) also helped me figure out the most likely true story of what really happened after having read 30 hand-written witness statements regarding the occurrences outside a trailer home in Podunk, OK, after one guy realized that the other guy had sold him “bad shit” instead of “good shit.” Think of it as “In a Grove” on meth.

Anyway, I left that job about a year ago and I have to write all of the time in my new job, and it really doesn't freak me out much anymore. That is why I was so suprised when I got blogging phobic, but I've conquered my fear, my first post is up, and I'm going to the Big XII watch party. Boomer Sooner!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Way to step-up T - and just in time for the game! Maybe you'll post again next month! :)

3:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home