December 16, 2004

Sanity Check

Just because our blog is pink, does not mean that I am going to let this thing go all "smoochy-boy-crazy." Must I remind you what they are capable of? Can you not remember being hurt so badly that you can't take a deep breath without having actual physical pain that lands somewhere between your throat and your stomach? Am I going to have to start posting transcipts of my x-boyfriends drunken, ranting voice-mails?

If Brit can post a love poem, Auntie T can post a break-up poem:

Since

I have been forcing myself
to sleep in the middle
of my bed. I push away
your pillow having sought
your scent, finding it too
is gone, I lie on my back

remembering how once
you straddled my hip
in your sleep
a child, clinging,
asking me not
to leave you,
your nightmares
waking me
as you slept.

-Tona

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home