July 09, 2005

He should write a book.

I have a friend who I am going to go see play tonight. He is a rockabilly musician and an Elvis impersonator and an undertaker and an ordained minister. I shit you not. He can marry you and bury you while he is dressed like Elvis (Elvis in black not Elvis in white). And if you don't believe me, you can ask his roommate who is both a rockabilly boy and a little person. I'm not sure what the protocal is on using someone's name on a blog when you are only saying nice things about him, so I'll stick to BLD.

BLD is one of the nicest guys I know as is his roommate. My girlfriend and I ran into them last weekend when we were out listening to music. We actually ran into several really cool people at the show but had to leave because her ex-boyfriend's ex-wife was there and has, apparently, developed superhero-like lazer glaring abilities that cause searing headaches.

Now, I have friends who are club people; they like to go to these warehouse-like, techno-thumping, blacklight-glowing clubs. These places are fine if you are twenty-one, tan, skinny, and like to spend $8 on a cover and/or drink; or are doing drugs where techno and strobes are required; or are gay.

I am a bar girl. I like places with live music that isn't playing so loudly that you can't have a yelling conversation. In bars like this, if they have a blender, it is usually broken. The best of these places serve Guiness Extra Stout and/or Negro Modelo. BLD is also a bar boy. Most of my best, good friends are.

We hung out with BLD most of the time we were there, mostly because the man has the best stories ever. It turns out that he has been married three times and is looking for lucky number four. I don't say that in a cutting or sarcastic manner at all. The man is a true believer in love and marriage and that with the right girl, he can live happily ever after. I love a man who is a romantic. (I never fall for them, but they are great guys.)

Anyway, tonight one of BLD's bands is playing in Yukon America at a bar called either the "Cow Patty" or the "Cow Pie." I can't remember for sure. Neither my friend nor I have ever been there - believe it or don't, but we are hoping that once we get to town, we can just ask at a 7-11. Surely there aren't both a "Cow Patty" and a "Cow Pie" in Yukon. Wish us luck.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It turns out that he has been married three times and is looking for lucky number four. I don't say that in a cutting or sarcastic manner at all. The man is a true believer in love and marriage and that with the right girl, he can live happily ever after. I love a man who is a romantic. (I never fall for them, but they are great guys.)

Yeah he sounds like a real peach:Commitment issues, identity crisis, and a case of arrested development. And while he has "lucky number four" he's laying the groundwork (pun intended) for "lucky number five".
I know this guy. He can only drag you down, but hey, if that's where you want to be, mazeltov!

4:01 PM  
Blogger AuntT said...

Who the hell wrote the above? I hate anonymous comments.

10:27 PM  
Blogger AuntT said...

Didn't hook up with BLD - didn't intend to. Did you read the part about him being a friend?

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home