June 04, 2005

Hey you. I have a secret. Would you like to know my secret? It will be so good to hear it--well, read it.

So, lately I have been out of my happy-go-lucky-sarcastic-yet-funny mood, and have chosen to go with a more dark-I-hate-the-world-the-sun-the-moon-and-the-stars kind of mood. It worked for a while, but now, things are just starting to come together for me.

Oh, and the secret? Well, it's that I have decided not to let anything bother me again this summer, and just go into each day with a bright sunny attitude and love everyone. I will even love my job ( that I may have already lost due to a wonderful thing called PMS) that consists of scrubbing dogs asses and getting scratched and bit on a daily basis.

I had a couple post-worthy things happen. First off, I went to Lake Texoma for Memorial Day weekend, and probably had the most fun I will have all summer long.

There's this place called The Island where everyone and his dog (seriously) spent the whole weekend. I'm talking like 3,000 people plus. There are shit tons of yachts and speed boats and hot guys and jet skies and hot guys and girls with fake boobies parading around like homosexuals on their very own special I'm-gay-and-I-like-rainbows day.

Good stuff.

So, on the last day my friends and I were there and we ran into a little trouble. And by trouble I mean, we had to make a fire and hold each other for warmth on the island.

Everyone else left the island around 6 0'clock while the sun was still out so they could see where they were going. Not us though. The people who took us out to the Island were told not to pick us up until after dark. That sucked. It was raining, it was cold, and I kept getting tackled in the water. I'm pretty sure I got whiplash, and when the boat finally arrived to pick us up (at 9:00pm) the boat didn't want to work anymore. Seriously, the boat sounded like it had to sneeze. It was ridiculous.

Luckily, the guy who was driving (the captian, in his own way) finally figured out that the boat was in shallow water and that is why it wouldn't start. Hurray for smart people.

When we finally got the boat to go, it was pouring down rain. I'm pretty sure that we could have been struck by lightning, but no one seemed to care. We wanted land, and food, and warmth. Unfortunately, when you are soaking wet and going 50 miles an hour warmth is not an option. So, all of us were literally sitting in the very back of the boat huddled up like a pack of freaking cows bitching and moaning.

The boat ride home was supposed to last only 20 minutes. Apparently when it's dark, it's a little harder to see where you are going. We were the only boat out on the lake at 9:30. At this point we all went into our own private dark place. I wanted to throw a couple people overboard just so I could have some entertainment. That's how dark I was thinking.

Finally, at friggin 12:00 AM we found our way back home. Thank god.

So, there's that story.

The second one isn't really a story, but it's sort of cool.

I'm dating someone. I have dated him before, like four years ago, but we met back up, and I like him like fat kids heart cookie dough.

And there's that.

I will post some pictures of my Memorial Day festivities pretty soon. The pictures will mostly be of drunken stupidity on other people behalf. Yay for that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home