Straight. Legged. Jeans.
Day before yesterday I went to a concert with my friends Tiffany and Megan at the Green Door in Bricktown. I had a lot of fun because we knew people from one of the bands called Chasing Paris. I also heard a band from New Jersey that I really liked called Straylight Run. Both the lead guitarist and singer were hot.
At one point during the concert, Megan, Tiffany, and I were standing near the back (because it smelled like butt and everyone was making out) when three really cute boys walked by us. It didn't register, until they walked by again, that I used to work with two of them at Hollister. SO, I ran up and gave them a hug. We hung out with them after the concert.
We also hung out with the largest group of junkies ever in life. They weren't like the druggy junkies, they just weren't clean.
Directly after the concert, we went to Taco Bell (our late-night haven) and then to Tiffany's to re-fix our hair. Crowded concerts take a toll on perfectly straightened and molded-right-where-you-want-it hair. After fixing our hair and sh!t, we went to the dirty junky party. We only went to this, mind you, because we met a really cute non-junky looking boy at the concert. Megan knew him already. So, we get to the junky house which is right by the Pasaeo (go figure), and we go in. The guy that we are meeting is not yet there. Great. We sit there like jackasses for about 10 minutes until our cute boy gets there. He gets there, and he's not so cute anymore. He changed. He's now wearing a really tight Nineinch Nails shirt and jeans that are straight all.the.way.down. With pink and black Etnies. Need I say more?
And then, there was your "token gay guy" as he called him self. He played that new No Doubt song over, and over, and over again and danced frantically around the small living room and bathroom sized kitchen. He was a small hobbit like fellow named Michel, not Micheal, but Michel. Like Mick-elle. Say it out loud if it helps, and if you tried to change his song he went after you like a rabid dog. Needless to say, I was scared and WAY out of place.
Finally, after me almost getting into a fight with a dirty junky girl, we left to go hang out with my much cleaner, hotter, cleaner friends. Thank the lord.
After that, for some reason or another, we went back to the junky house. The girls were passed out, but Michel was still up with about 5 other guys. They were dancing and doing spirit fingers. I kid you not. We didn't stay long. Megan just wanted to say Hi to a friend. Don't ask why she knows these people. They were fun in their own dirty sense, but I would never actually choose to hang out with these people ever again. ever.
I learned a very valuable lesson. Just because you like the same music as the Paseao people do does not mean you need be seen hanging out with them by people who like the shower and flared jeans.
At one point during the concert, Megan, Tiffany, and I were standing near the back (because it smelled like butt and everyone was making out) when three really cute boys walked by us. It didn't register, until they walked by again, that I used to work with two of them at Hollister. SO, I ran up and gave them a hug. We hung out with them after the concert.
We also hung out with the largest group of junkies ever in life. They weren't like the druggy junkies, they just weren't clean.
Directly after the concert, we went to Taco Bell (our late-night haven) and then to Tiffany's to re-fix our hair. Crowded concerts take a toll on perfectly straightened and molded-right-where-you-want-it hair. After fixing our hair and sh!t, we went to the dirty junky party. We only went to this, mind you, because we met a really cute non-junky looking boy at the concert. Megan knew him already. So, we get to the junky house which is right by the Pasaeo (go figure), and we go in. The guy that we are meeting is not yet there. Great. We sit there like jackasses for about 10 minutes until our cute boy gets there. He gets there, and he's not so cute anymore. He changed. He's now wearing a really tight Nineinch Nails shirt and jeans that are straight all.the.way.down. With pink and black Etnies. Need I say more?
And then, there was your "token gay guy" as he called him self. He played that new No Doubt song over, and over, and over again and danced frantically around the small living room and bathroom sized kitchen. He was a small hobbit like fellow named Michel, not Micheal, but Michel. Like Mick-elle. Say it out loud if it helps, and if you tried to change his song he went after you like a rabid dog. Needless to say, I was scared and WAY out of place.
Finally, after me almost getting into a fight with a dirty junky girl, we left to go hang out with my much cleaner, hotter, cleaner friends. Thank the lord.
After that, for some reason or another, we went back to the junky house. The girls were passed out, but Michel was still up with about 5 other guys. They were dancing and doing spirit fingers. I kid you not. We didn't stay long. Megan just wanted to say Hi to a friend. Don't ask why she knows these people. They were fun in their own dirty sense, but I would never actually choose to hang out with these people ever again. ever.
I learned a very valuable lesson. Just because you like the same music as the Paseao people do does not mean you need be seen hanging out with them by people who like the shower and flared jeans.

6 Comments:
So you found the dirty indie kids. It's a reality that we all must face some day.
The indie scene- where the more grease you have on your hair, the cooler you get.
Just an offshoot of the whole "I hate preps" group.
Something's wrong when you fight the "poseurs" by shopping at hot topic. So you get your mass-marketed clothes somewhere else. You're still following fads.
It's not like buying that Napoleon Dynamite t-shirt and a spikey bracelet doesn't make you a consumer whore. It's all the same market, buddy.
I figured this out though.
Typical Hollister customer-
Thin, relatively in shape or athletic, has social skills.
Typical Hot Topic-
Fat, usually hanging out, some indie movie, band, or "clever antisocial statement" tshirt(but hey, they aren't conformists, even though they really are conforming to another group) pale.
Girls are usually unnatractive, and guys are either above mentioned group, or tall and skinny. But still pale.
Which would you rather date? I know that I would rather date the attractive and in shape person, rather than the skank with the 5 lbs of mystery fat floating out of their shirt.
That really wasn't on topic, I just hate that store.
Alot.
I don't know how anyone can think that it's ok to not shower at least once a day. Yuck.
Next time- Emo kids.
Tona has friends who own a bar on the Paseo (an arts district). I have a feeling she'll be commenting on this one.
I've been tricked before too. I met a guy at the lake one time. It is hard to be a "fashion don't" in a swim suit. On dry land he completely lost his appeal.
You have to respect anyone who still does spirit fingers for their devil may care attitude. Michel sounds fabulous!
Lance is offended. He just bought a Rolling Stones shirt at Hot Topic. Technically he exchanged a shirt that his aunt in Utah bought him for Christmas. He also has a ton of clothing from Hollister; his favorite shoes are skate shoes.
He doesn't wear spiked anything, he's athletic and in shape, and usually showers at least twice a day - to avoid ringworm, of course. A poseur he is not. What you see is what you get. What do make of that mix?
(I am such a dork I looked up poseur for the correct slang spelling)
Emo kids?
My point with my bitching was more at those kids who make it a cultural point to shop there to be anti establishment, or buy exclusively there.
I have a couple Zeppelin and Floyd shirts from there, but I don't make it a point to buy all my shit there.
I knew what you were saying Jameson. I was just giving you a hard time.
Are there really morons out there who believe they are fighting the establishment by shopping at a large franchised store that can be found in shopping malls across the country?
What are they teaching you kids in school?
I, honestly, look at it as a good thing.
I respect people for individuality, even if they look the same as other individuals. It was just a culture shock, i guess you could say.
Michel is very flamboyant.
I like band t-shirts ( very nicely fitted, however).
And finally, no Tona T I don't think you are a ridiculous hippy. I love you way too much to think that! Besides, hippies aren't that bad. Megan had them all over to her apartment 2 nights later. They actually cleaned up a little bit. One of them, despite my clothing from Abercrombie, said that he would date me if givin the chance.
Sorry. I don't even want to imagine the look on Mema and Papa's face when I bring home a tall, skinny, pale, jet black haired (complete with greese) boy, with a sideways lip ring (instead of it going around his lip, it looked like a skinny half-moon on the bottom right side of his lip..
And what the hell is up with the earings that are the size of mars? And why to they wear metal rings in them to where you can see straight through them? Gah.
Post a Comment
<< Home