January 23, 2005

Now Accepting Applications

I can’t sleep. Again. It may be because it is almost 2am, but I am starting to feel this whole cult leader thing. I couldn’t ask for better timing. I am currently out of work, and I think “cult leader” could really round out my resume. I’ve done the entrepreneurial thing before, and I found that my biggest downfall was marketing. Maybe that is where you come in, Tona. I know you have publications experience. You could definitely be editor of the cult newspaper. Come up with some snazzy advertisements, will you? Maybe you should use some subliminal messages; in-your-face cult advertising might scare people off. Screw your work deadlines. I guess that kind of attitude might be part of the reason I am unemployed.

If you wish to get in on the ground floor of our (yet to be named) cult send us your resume or post your qualifications here.

10 Comments:

Blogger Jameson said...

Ouch. That really touched a sore spot there. Now atmospheric sciences is the easiest science course that a business student can get, but alas, I am probably sometimes in that geek category. Yes, I did take advanced courses in high school. Yes, I am in the honors program here and thinking of switching my intl business major to Russian Studies with Spanish with a minor in German. Yes, I stayed out of trouble for the most part. But that doesn't mean that I can't be tanked off of my ass on Guinness and keep up all the antics that make me who I am. It took me way to long to type that post, but hey, thats what Guinness does to you.

So what if I like to read the communist manifesto and vonngegut. I know that I didn't spell that right either, but I don't care, and I have to get up for an induction that I will most likely do hungover. I think that Im done here, as I haven't made any real point and I think that my brain is shutting off now.

2:28 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

As I told Jameson on his site, I think we could really use someone familiar with the communist manifesto in our new cult.

I admit I had to look up Vonnegut who is mostly noted for his Sci-Fi - my least favorite genre. He has some interesting drawings though, and I may read something of his out of curiosity. But hey, if he is good enough for an honors student at Creighton who can drink his weight in stout lager...

If you want to know more go to http://www.vonnegut.com/

10:02 AM  
Blogger Jameson said...

I don't think that that was supposed to be such an angry entry of mine, it just came out that way.

Cult? Sounds like a good deal to me, it'l give me something else to do. But only if you have some sort of sweet flag or something, I'm a sucker for imagery.

Latin is a dead language, you know.

I don't think that I have ever had anyone call me hoss before either.

Vonnegut doesn't really seem to me to be that sci-fi, more like '1984' style or 'Brave New World' or something. He wrote Slaughterhouse Five, if you've ever heard of that. After I finished reading that, I thought to myself, "Damn, I wonder how much enough LSD to write this book cost that guy?"

Guinness is my new favorite beer. Ever. I'm glad I'm Irish.

10:37 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

J- (You now have a nickname Jameson. I can't help it, I nickname people.)

I have seen some of your amazing drawings on your site. You are now in charge of creating our official cult flag.

1:23 PM  
Blogger Jameson said...

Amazing drawings eh? haha.

I told them to get me Guinness, and thats what they brought me back. Next time I'll specify a bit more. Still, it was good stuff.

Let's just pretend that you didn't ask me how old I was.

5:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have this sick feeling that Jameson is the same age as Brit and here we are encouraging him. I know that she does some of the same things; I just don't see pictorial evidence of her sins like I do J's.

I rarely use the phrase "hoss," but it felt right at the moment.

Yes, Latin is a dead language - even more so to me since I have chosen to block all I ever learned from my memory. Peggy (latin prof) was scary, wasn't she Tona? I hated going to the board to translate sentences. I felt like I was in front of a firing squad. (I am feeling a little dramatic today, I guess.)

1:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Holy crap. Have I missed that much? Jameson, my mom tends to call people by the first initial of their first name. Congratulations, you are now "j." Do a dance.

Cult, Mom? Where do I fit in? I can only offer my ability to be outspoken and flirtatious.

I like Bud Light or Tecate (or however you spell it), though, I probably shouldn't have said that! Don't talk about beer if I can't have my imput.

3:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Holy crap. Have I missed that much? Jameson, my mom tends to call people by the first initial of their first name. Congratulations, you are now "j." Do a dance.

Cult, Mom? Where do I fit in? I can only offer my ability to be outspoken and flirtatious.

I like Bud Light or Tecate (or however you spell it), though, I probably shouldn't have said that! Don't talk about beer if I can't have my input.

3:59 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Brit-
You obviously haven't read all the comments. Your cult job is to lure young boys into the "family." You basically only have to be yourself, except we are going to teach you hypnosis to make them do our bidding for life.

We will not be accepting the whiners you have been attracting lately into the "family." In other words, no girly-men.

No. You may not discuss your preference in beer with me. Not for another year and nine months. Though Tecate isn't a bad beer.

How do you get from place to place when you have been drinking? Don't make me write a lecture. You know right from wrong.

You too Jameson.

12:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That is one job that I can handle and probably wont get fired from! On the subject of beer and getting from place to place, there is ALWAYS a D.D. and we don't get wasted to the point of self-destruction. Does that even happen? And would you rather me tell you of it or keep it from you? Here's your chance to be the cool mom! j/k you already are! I heart you. Cult Power! Can we have a symbol, like a middle finger or something?

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home