February 03, 2005


Courtesy of T Posted by Hello

10 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Tona -

Why don't you serve some of this up at work? You could tell them it is from me.

10:22 AM  
Blogger Jameson said...

I was on facebook, and I started a group called, "A The Next Person Who Says Lolz, Omfg, or Stfu Gets a Boot To the Face, Club" and I almost used that picture. I love it. Genius. Pure Genius.

1:38 PM  
Blogger Jameson said...

You know, I just thought to myself, "Damn, I have been bored for about 8 hours straight today."

Then I saw you had the same counter that I do, and you can probably tell that I have been to your site way to0 many times today.

I'm not stalking you guys, I swear. All of my friends are off fraternitying it up, and I haven't had class since 1230. I also like to see all the comments. But mostly, I am just very, very bored.

And rest assured, its not just your site that I spend innappropriate amounts of time on. All of those links I have on my site have been visited at least 10 times today.

What can I say. I love updates.

This is pathetic. I wish I was drunk.

10:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am the only one who bothers to look at our stat counter, and it isn't really that straight forward. I use AOL, and I show up as being from New York sometimes.

We would never judge anyone for coming here repeatedly (there are days that I visit your site a ridiculous number of times). Besides, we are attention whores, as most bloggers are. We want people to read and comment on our glorified journal. Never mind that it started out as Brit's Blog and T and I have kind of taken over. Okay. Okay. I have taken over.

Lance’s team had a great wrestling dual last night. It was against our high school's biggest rival. They started at the soft part of our line-up and were up by 20 points early on. The kid who wrestled Lance usually wrestles the weight class above him, but he told his coach he could beat Lance so they pulled him down. Their crowd was crazy into it when their kid scored on Lance first. Lance quickly reversed him and put him on his back (then our crowd went crazy) and pinned him early in the second period. Our team won by 20 some odd points. I love it when the crowd gets into the matches.

There was no love in that field house. Even the cheerleaders got competitive. During a break in the wrestling they had a tumbling dual. It was kind of like a break-dance fight but with flips and short skirts. You gotta love it.

8:38 AM  
Blogger Jameson said...

Well, that would explain why it tells me I have a person in New York coming all the time.

It's all about the comments.

My senior year we kicked our rivals ass, but my old school's lineup is now all lightwieghts, so they get their asses handed to them about half of the time, just because they have no talent above 152. It's a "rebuilding year"

I have a feeling that Lance is one of those wrestlers who would have kicked my ass.

9:18 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, I am probably your New York stalker. I was very excited at first when I thought we had someone from New York who really loved our site. Then I realized it was me. Downer. Why don't more people comment? It drives me crazy.

Lance is currently ranked fourth in the state in class 5a (the biggest high schools in the state). The kid ranked number one only beat Lance by one point earlier this year.

Rankings mean shit though. He is a tough wrestler - He has placed at the state tournament every year except last year and he was ranked first for most of the year. He was a Jr. High State Champ in 9th grade and got thrid place at High School State the same year. But then he had a disappointing year last year - he got within one match of placing.

The next three weeks are what the season is all about. Next weekend is Dual State (his team was second last year), and then Regionals, and then State.

We'll see what happens. There is a lot of pressure when you have been wrestling since first grade and are finally at the point when it all matters. He has a lot of expectations (coaches, teammates, family) to live up to. But he loves the sport.

10:43 AM  
Blogger Jameson said...

That's admirable. I started as a sophmore, so I was never very good, but I was good at losing weight, so I was able to wrestle varsity for 2 years. I was really good at taking byes though.

Wrestling is great.


Jameson 2- 55

1:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I think anyone who endures the pain and suffering of wrestling practice day after day is admirable. It takes so much mental strength to tough it out. And not everyone can pull weight. It takes a special kind of discipline and... well, craziness is a strong word, but you know what I mean.

It takes a couple of years for the moves to become second nature on the mat, so I am sure you were coming into your own by your senior year.

I love watching the kids who start wrestling in high school. We have a sophmore who just started last year and he improves so much week to week that he is one of my favorites to watch. Plus, he is a natural leader and helps get the team pumped up.

2:16 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

How did it go from the shut the effe up to wrestling? :)

2:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You know me. Everthing always comes back to wrestling eventually.

xoxo

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home