February 02, 2005

Brit has a mini-me

Tonight Ali told me that her friends get all weak-kneed when boys say sweet things to them constantly. She doesn’t get it.

The following are some valid points she made.

One guy told her friend that he “thought of her first thing” when he woke up that morning. “That may be true, but it’s just weird.” Stated Ali.

Another guy told one of her friends “I had a dream about you.” While the rest of her friends present oohed and aahed, Ali snarled and said, “You don’t know WHAT he dreamed about!”

Then there was the guy who told one of her friends “I think the world of you.” To which Ali said “The whole world? Come on!”

Lastly there was the Casanova who told Al's friend “he missed seeing her pretty face” when he had only met her once. Ali commented, “He probably doesn’t even remember her face.”

She said she was perfectly fine with “I like you.” At least it seems sincere. She has wisdom beyond her 14 years.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jameson said...

That girl may be the smartest 14 year old I have ever heard of.

Personally, if I hear a guy say, "I'm nothing without you." or, "Without you, my life has no meaning," one more time, someone is getting a kick in the balls. Its just so emasculating. But then again, who's worse. The castrato who says that, or the girl who swallows that kind of bullshit?

Who knows.

7:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ali completely agreed. Even though they are her friends, she thinks the girls are idiots for swooning over this crap.

Jesus, god kids. You can love/like someone and still maintain your sense of self. I think only the inately insecure need to hear a line of bull, which will only backfire and make them more insecure. Vicious cycle.

I have proudly raised non-bullshitters. Sometimes they are painfully honest. Oh well. You take the good with the bad.

8:59 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Okay, Tona, we will give credit were credit is due. Why don't you ever step up and take the blame when they are being shits though? :)

Al really did come home from practice yesterday and just spew all this out in about five minutes. I happened to be sitting at the computer while she was talking and started typing. After she was finished I asked her if I could post it.

She said she could go on and on. Apparently there are some teenage boys out there really working their mojo.

10:20 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ali spit something out in five minutes? That's a record. She usually spends 30 seconds in each sentence with the "AND UH'S" and the "LIKE'S"

2:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ali spit something out in five minutes? That's a record. She usually spends 30 seconds in each sentence with the "AND UH'S" and the "LIKE'S"

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home