March 16, 2005

Spring Break Colorado Style - The Non-Skier Version

Poor Brit. Can you believe any parent would subject their daughter to a spring break trip in which pointy-toe-high-healed-shoes are obsolete?

Our trip started out like all our other trips. John was bitching about how much stuff we were bringing. He actually started bitching the night before we left - must be psychic. We left later than planned; again, a common thing with us. Lance kept us abreast of just how late we were running about every thirty minutes. Then I left my purse (with a lot of cash in it) at McDonald's. Thankfully all the cash, credit cards etc. were still intact when we retrieved the purse or we would have had to turn around and go home. Nice.

About an hour into the trip Lance yanked his earbud headphones off and chunked them on the seat proclaiming that he hated his cauliflower ear. The earbud won't stay in that ear. We all laughed. We are a sick family.

Brit is right, it is colder than shit here (colder than old shit that has been in freezing temeratures - I guess fresh shit is pretty warm). Since B and I are left to our own devices most of the day, we are running out of things to do. I guess we will have to go shopping. Again. Tromping from shop to shop in the snow and wind is about as fun as it sounds. Brit and I, tricked by last year's unseasonably warm weather in the mountains, did not pack appropriately. My cute, new linen capri pants are hanging in the closet, lonely and cut-off from the world. Sad, sad.

However, we are having some fun, as evidenced by the photos I posted on L'esprit D'escalier. Alcohol and good friends are the key to having an excellent time. Again, poor Brit. Besides one "special" Dr. Pepper (vanilla rum is a good friend of mine) and a couple of sips of wine she has had little solace.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home